Pre/Postnatal Corrective Exercise Based Training: Corrective exercise is beneficial while preparing for pregnancy, during all trimesters of pregnancy and postpartum. With an initial movement assessment, Clara will identify muscular imbalances, and from there be able to design an effective workout program tailored specifically to your body and needs.
Corrective exercise uses strengthening and recovery techniques to optimize your bodies performance to reach your goals, reduce common pregnancy pains, and to be a better mover!
During a Session, we will focus on these 5 areas:
1. Diaphragmatic breath You will learn the correct way to breathe. Instead of breathing with your chest and shoulders, you will learn to breathe with your diaphragm.
Diaphragmatic breathing reduces stress and toxins in your bloodstream, allows for more optimal fat burning, and has been scientifically proven to give you smarter babies. This is the first step in giving you a functional core.
2. Functional core: Proper core function will take the strain off your back and other muscles. We will be putting your core to work to do the job it was made to do. We achieve this using diaphragmatic breath, activating your TVA and Pelvic floor. We will use corrective exercise to target any muscle compensations or weaknesses- which will alleviate pain
3. Corrective exercise: Corrective exercise allows for better easier, less painful body/muscle function. It prevents injury by getting allowing your muscles to work how they should. During our workouts we will focus on activating under-active muscles. These are most commonly your diaphragm, Transverse Abdominus, pelvic floor and glutes.
4. Labor Training/supermom training: These workouts are specifically designed to prepare you for labor or postpartum once you have the correct and proper core function. They will be a mix of high intensity intervals and rest periods. Exercise and Labor use the same pain relieving hormones. Training your body to elicit these hormones, allows you to organize and use them more efficiently during labor!
5. Meditation & imagery training: We will end each training session with a guided meditation or imagery session. This will allow you if pregnant to practice for labor in a safe and calm place. And if postpartum to clear your mind and prepare for a busy week ahead of motherhood.
Prenatal training: We practice breathing for birth & actually training for contractions with high intensity & meditation intervals (especially beneficial if you’re thinking of an unmedicated birth) . We’ll strengthen your pelvic floor and Transverse abdominals & work on any under active or over active muscles. The benefits of strengthen training are endless, especially when preparing for birth!
Postnatal training: We will focus on restoring your core, stress management, building strength and Postnatal exercise can help Mom connect to baby while reestablishing her global kinetic chain and heal the deep core. This specific training can aid in Mom safely reaching her goals and mentally preparing for new challenges ahead.