Hi guys! How was your weekend? I spent mine making pumpkin granola. Its drool worthy. I can’t stop thinking about it. We finally decided what our family Halloween costume is going to be! I Can’t wait to show you guys! Any Guesses? This is so cliche but Fall is my most favorite season. But how could it not be! The weather, the colors, the flavors. OMG give me all the Fall.
OK. Now to the Granola! I found the original recipe here, but changed it to fit my liking. There is no refined sugar guys! which is music to my ears these days. Sugar has the weirdest effect on me. If I eat too much or if I eat it before I have anything substantial I feel sick. That’s all a pretty good indicator for me that my body doesn’t need it! Even though I want it! 🙁 This granola is the perfect fit. It’s so delicious.
This granola is good with anything! Milk, yogurt, by it self. Yum. I’ll take a whole bowl please!
Homemade Pumpkin Maple Granola
3 cups Rolled Oats ( Use gluten free oats if needed)
1 1/4 cup raw pecan halves
1/3 cup raw pepitas ( pumpkin seeds)
3 tbsp coconut sugar ( I did 2 tbsp, but my husband said he likes it better with 3 😉
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup ( I did 1/4 cup. And you can sub agave or honey)
1/3 cup Pumpkin puree (NOT PUMPKIN PIE FILLING)
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat whisk together maple syrup, pumpkin puree and coconut oil
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix quickly with a wooden spoon
- Spread granola mixture evenly across two cookie sheets and bake 25-30 minutes.
- Once granola is golden brown, its done! Remove from oven. It gets crispier as it cools.
It should keep for a couple of weeks ( if it lasts that long!!) in an airtight container.
If you make it, leave a comment and let me know how much you love it. Cause you will. Trust me.