This baked ziti recipe is a family favorite in our house, and a meal I’ve been making for years now. The recipe makes so much that I usually end up with leftovers for the next two weeks! I love that it is a healthier option and that it’s something the whole family loves! Whip this up for your own family and see what they think!
Ground Turkey Baked Ziti
-1 pound lean ground turkey
-16 oz whole wheat ziti pasta
-16 oz cottage cheese
-8 oz shredded cheese
-1 jar of marinara sauce
-1/2 tsp black pepper
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
-1 tsp oregano
-1/4 cup diced onion
1. Brown the ground turkey in a skillet with the diced onion.
2. In a separate pot start boiling the pasta.
3. In a small bowl combine the cottage cheese, shredded cheese, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, and oregano.
4. When the turkey is cooked add in the marinara sauce. Then add the cooked pasta as well.
5. In a large baking pan (spray with cooking spray) add half of the pasta/turkey/sauce mixture. Then layer half the cheese mixture on top. Repeat with another layer of pasta and finish with the cheese mixture.
6. Put in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Try it out and let us know how you like it!